Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Long Week


This past week has been too long!! Started off last Tuesday when we decided to go take a look at some manufactured homes - just to get ideas for our vacation property. I decided to step on a brick (that I thought was in-ground or cemented) to step over a pathway. Well, needless to say, that brick wasn’t in-ground and i fell! After recovering with scrapes on my arm and leg, i started stressing about the baby so I called the doctor. She said it should be fine since it wasn’t a jarring fall but more of a rolling fall but i could come in to get monitored. The main thing they were worried about was during jarring falls, the placenta could become loose. well, we went to the hospital, was monitored for a little over an hour, and everything looked good. So we went home and I rested.

Then Thursday of last week, Delilah decided to get the stomach flu. Friday came and she was better... saturday came, and she was sick again... sunday came, and I got sick as well as mikayla. I was so sick that i couldn’t hold even a sip of water and went to the hospital at 10:30 pm while our angel of a neighbor came over to stay with the girls. I got to the hospital and did a urine test right away and was the most dehydrated the nurse has ever seen. So needless to say, an IV went into my hand and iv’s were started. FInally at 5 am, they released me after i was hydrated again and holding down water and sprite. Came home and found out that Mikayla had been up all night throwing up. Our poor friend!! She didn’t know what she was in for but she was awesome and didn’t care. Now we just pray that she doesn’t get sick.

Monday came, my birthday, and I just laid around all day getting my strength back since I couldn’t eat regular food yet... and mikayla continued to be sick... delilah threw up yet again. Tuesday came, and mikayla and I started feeling better but Delilah still threw up one more time... and now Daddy got sick!! So all last night, daddy was sleeping in the bathroom to be close to the toilet. As of right now, he hasn’t thrown up for almost 12 hours and is doing much better... but delilah threw up yet again before nap! Will it ever end!!!

on my way to the doctor’s this afternoon for my 31 week check-up!!! Can you believe it??!! I will be taking mikayla with me and leaving the sickos home to relax and watch cartoons. They were definitely made for each other.

please say a prayer for our family. we are hoping the bugs go away so we will even have one more thing (in our list of countless blessings) to be thankful for next thursday!!

No comments: