Sunday, November 25, 2007

5 Weeks 5 Days and Counting....


So the scheduled c-section for the baby is January 4, 2008. I know you are wondering why so early. Due to the girls being born so early and via c-section, my uterus didn't have a chance to really "expand".... so my doctor as well as all of her colleagues agree that going past 38 weeks could cause my uterus to rupture, if I go into labor. So the date is set on Friday, January 4th. Which will give me plenty of time to recover in the hospital and get home before our princesses' 4th birthday comes around on the 15th!

So as of today, we have 5 weeks and 5 days till "B" Day! As far as I go, I am feeling good as long as I don't sit too long, stand too long and of course, I definitely can't sleep too long anyway. The middle of the night sweats have started - even when the house is 63 degrees, the tossing and turning is still continuing... and it is almost a mixed blessing when one of the girls wakes up in the middle of the night - gives me a chance to stretch out any cramps in my legs.

Daddy is doing well too - still staying strong on the "It's a girl!" thing and doesn't seem to be phased yet that there will be a newborn in our house in less than 6 weeks. Please keep in mind- neither of us have actually dealt with true newborns so this is going to be quite interesting!! When the girls finally came home, they were pretty much on a good schedule, thanks to the hospital, and they were already past that sleep all day stage.

The girls, especially Mikayla, are getting more and more excited. Delilah is more excited to have the baby out so that Mommy can help her on the monkey bars again. Mikayla is excited to help the baby learn to walk and pump her arms like Mikayla does... and learn to play and share and watch TV. (Those were her words)

We got a baby poll going on - so if you are interested in joining it, hit us up. The winner gets 50% of the pot (with the other 50% going to diapers for the baby). So far the pot is up to $100. And it is pretty split with people thinking boy or girl - but the weights and lengths are varying drastically!

Thank you to all those who are keeping us in your prayers! We feel so blessed to have gotten this far and pray to keep on truckin'!

1 comment:

Phelps Family said...

How exciting!!!! You guys are going to do great. LOVE your belly, it's getting big! I'm so happy for you guys.