Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We are BACK!! Here's what has been going on....

As the previous blog entry, the girls went in for surgery on March 13th. Delilah came out flailing her arms and yelling "I want food". So she was back to her normal self. Poor Mikayla was another scene. She actually took one plus hour to wake up but when she did, she actually was very sweet and loopy. It was the next day that the poor girl could not hold down food or water and then again on Sunday. She was given some medicine to help her nausea at the ER and she was able to drink again and slowly start eating food. Of course she wanted to eat sooner than she should on things, so it made it harder - and made for many meals of whining. It literally took her two full weeks to recover. Much longer than it did Delilah 2 years ago.

But not that the girls stuff was enough, I went to the doctor's the week following the girls surgery. I was so sick to my stomach - I couldn't eat or drink and had achiness all throughout my body as well as the worst headaches ever. A few days after my initial visit, the doctor called to tell me I had H.Pylori (sp?). Basically it is a bacteria usually in some food or water that eats the inner-lining of my stomach, possibly causing ulcer. (which is probably what I ended up with) But the diagnosis was such as relief as I have had nausea on and off for almost a year. I am now on a treatment regimen that has helped tremendously as well as mess up my taste buds, making things bitter - so coffee (except for a Starbuck's foo-foo drink) is not appealing any longer. I have turned to my daily morning tea and have actually enjoyed the detachment from coffee. I AM FREE!!!


Poor Mikayla - fell asleep crying due to horrible pain in her ear and throat (fell asleep at 6 pm and didn't wake till 7:30 the next morning)

So I am off my addiction - but I am starting Caitlin on it - Vanilla Bean Frappucino! And she loves it and did a little jig. Caitlin playing fetch with Popcorn.

Mikayla and Delilah wrestling... Mikayla won this one.
Caitlin watching them through her legs.
One of my favorite pics... Caitlin walked backwards to the dog bed, sat down, and cheesed.
The girls playing in their tent city ($3 brand new at a garage sale!)
The tent city, consisting of four tunnels, one tent, and one tee-pee, took up the whole playroom.
Mikayla looking through the mesh top of the tent.
Caitlin sitting outside of the tee-pee

Delilah playing the piano in the tee-pee
The girls taking a break for animal cracker snacks.
That is all the excitement that has happened (minus other irritating things at the home - but won't go into that). Michael is off next week for spring break and amongst doctor's appointments, we have some fun planned for the girls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both pics of Caitlin and Popcorn! And that tent is awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, the girls are cute with their T-shirts giving a shout out to McBlack Sports!