Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kindergarten Next Year

I am praising God right now and had to let everyone know.  My husband is not reachable to share this joyous news.  So I am sharing with the world.  (no we are not pregnant!!)

For those of you who knew... we were (or more so I was - but Michael was impressed) wanting the girls to get into the California Montessori Project.  It is a charter montessori program that doesn't cost except volunteer time (70 hours in the classroom for me).  Those not familiar with the program  - a quick overview is it is almost like a homeschool setting in a school.  The kids are doing things on their own level, their own pace and not being held back or left behind by sticking to a strict curriculum and time frame.  When we visited, kids were all throughout the room, laying on the floor doing work, sitting at tables doing work, even standing.  I just felt this would be beneficial for both girls so neither would be left behind if they couldn't grasp a concept or for either of them to move into more advance stuff if the concept was easy for them - and they wouldn't be bored.  

Only thing is it is a long day - 8:30 - 2:30 pm but they have past the nap time now so I think that because they are older 5 year olds when Kindergarten starts, is going to be extremely beneficial for them.  Tomorrow, after I drop them off to school, I will be taking Caitlin by to pick up the new student packets - WHOO HOOO!!!  I truly love paperwork when it comes to stuff like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!