Thursday, May 1, 2008

Say A Little Prayer For Me....

When I got pregnant with Caitlin, I told Michael that as soon as I had the baby and doctor gave clearance, I would start training to walk a marathon again.  Well, it has been a hard and strenuous time to get the energy and time to do the long miles but the half-marathon time is drawing near.  I signed up for the American River Parkway half-marathon for this Saturday.  (The full marathon isn't till October) Check out the website and you can see the beautiful views I hope to enjoy on Saturday...


http://www.parkwayhalf.com/index.html

Now for the prayers... the girls are finally getting over a cold from over 2 weeks ago. Michael and I never caught it, however, just yesterday my body started feeling aches and this morning I woke up feeling like a truck hit me. So I am praying for my body to heal so I can walk 13.1 miles without feeling that I walked a full marathon. :-)

So my prayers have been answered.  I am on antibiotics to clear up my wonderful infection - MASTITIS.  I was hoping I would not get it but what do you expect when pumping day in and day out.  At least I knew the signs and that I have been getting rest otherwise it would have been 5 times worse and I would have been crawling on the ground like I did when I got it with Mikayla and Delilah as babies.  

My doctor told me to rest for three days ... stating she would not want me to do the half-marathon.  However, I am taking it hour by hour.  I woke up today and feel wonderful actually.  I really think catching it when it just started as well as already getting a good 7 hours of sleep every night helped it from getting totally out of hand.  Only time (and God) will tell if I get up in the morning tomorrow and head out to conquer my 13.1 miles!  

No comments: