Saturday, August 8, 2009

Trip to the Pt. Reyes

My initial hope was to wake up, get everyone ready and head out the door for a 2-hour drive to the beach where we could hang out for couple of hours then go check out the lighthouse. Well, we woke up and headed out the door and realized - we have a flat tire. Went to get that fixed and got on the road at 11:30 am. Still I was thinking - oh cool, we will be there by 1:30. Still no luck! Got stuck in horrible traffic all the way till we got off of the 80 and split off towards Santa Rosa/101 area. Finally we got to the beach at 3:30 pm. The girls still had a blast but I was bummed cause we couldn't go see the lighthouse. The fog had already rolled in on the cliff where Pt. Reyes lighthouse was but it was beautiful at the beach so we just hung out there for a while (until I "saved" Caitlin from being swept out to sea and dropped my camera in the water doing so)!










No comments: