Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was one of the hardest days for me. I couldn't sleep all night - tossin' and turnin'. But it ended up being a wonderful day. It was through God's miracles that we got to this point and I ended up filling up with tears as I said good-bye to them not because I was going to miss them (which I did) but because I feel so thankful they are growing up and becoming little ladies. Anyway, they both had a wonderful first day of school although Mikayla is exhausted and says it is too long (from 8:30 - 2 PM). They will get use to it.

Daddy and his Kindergarteners (Mikayla loves her lunch bag)
Mikayla, in front of the school (which the montessori is "leasing" from the district)
Delilah in front of the school
All of us - so proud of the girls
The girls welcome sign on the classroom
Caitlin was truly sad to have the girls leave her.
But she got over it as soon as we got home and played on the swingset.
When we went to pick them up, we caught them taking pictures - here are the kindergarteners and their one teacher.
And here is the entire class (Kindergarteners and 1st graders) and both teachers.
My inseparable pair
Mikayla showing off her card she found in her lunch bag.
Delilah showing off her card she found in her lunch bag.
As soon as we picked them up, we whisked them off to Big Spoon Yogurt for a first day of school treat.
And then home they came to make a big splash in the pool (here - Mikayla)
Now Delilah's turn.
I definitely can say it will be a long year - but hopefully after the first month or two - they will be used to the routine and the length of day.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Very cute! I can't believe they're in school already!

Do you know the Longaker twins at the same school in 1st grade? They are a good family too.