Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Trip To Atlanta - Day 4 - Tia's Wedding!

It was finally here - the day the girls had been waiting for. Because they chose not to go to sleep early the night before, I had Michael cancel their hair appointments - which meant I would be the beautician for the day. Michael got all dressed up in his tux while I was straightening and primping their hair. After we were all ready, I took the girls to the manor while Michael went with the men in the man van. Melissa (Tia) looked absolutely beautiful and even glowed through all the humidity! The wedding was gorgeous but the girls and I couldn't stay past the first few dances of the bride, groom and the parents. We had to get going as Caitlin was so tired and Delilah wanted to go back to the hotel too. Of course, Mikayla wanted to hang out but I needed to get her back to bathe her and pack for our early morning flight on Sunday.


The girls after patiently sitting there as I straighten their hair.  Sad thing was, I did Mikayla's first and because of the humidity, it started curling up already!

All of us girls on the way out to the wedding.
Nana with Caitlin.
The family before all the festivities started.
Melissa filling the part of the beautiful bride quite well!

I absolutely LOVE this picture.  This was before everyone walks down the aisle.  Poor Caitlin was already wanting to go to sleep.
So - here it was - time to walk down the aisle.  The girls were going - Caitlin was even going.  But if you see towards the middle, above Mikayla, the ringbearer started to come back.  That triggered Caitlin's mind to wonder "Where is mommy?" and within seconds of taking the picture and sneaking by her on the grass, she turned around to try and find me.  So I swooped her up in my arms and went around the outside to the front to sit down with one of the flower girls in my arms.  The other two - just kind of skipped/walked down the aisle laughing with each other.  We had told them that if Caitlin broke free from them, to just keep walking with their kissing balls in their hands.

Watching the bride come down the aisle.
Tia and Uncle DI jumping the broom while music was blasting (as you can tell - it was too loud for Mikayla's taste!)
Daddy waiting for his turn to walk down the aisle (with the flower girls in the background - already making down the aisle and back around)
Now it's Daddy's turn - looking handsome as ever!! 
Before the girls and I left, we were able to watch the two new families dance together!  
The girls finishing up the night - looking out the window of the hotel room, yet again!

No comments: