Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Weekend

This past weekend started off with a field trip to the post office for the girls on Friday.  It was very educational to see the runnings of a post office, however, the kids weren't as into as the adults were until they got to sit in a mail truck!



On Saturday, Mikayla and Delilah attended their friend, Ethan's, 6th birthday at the ice skating rink.  They hadn't done it since last year so they were newbies again.  For the most part, they had a wonderful time.  However, there were a lot of people there and Mikayla did not want me out of her sight so when one incident happened... it scarred her for life.  They have people at the ice skating rink that push kids around on sleds.  The girls kept seeing other kids doing it and it was finally their turn. They were ecstatic to do it.  After about 3 minutes of spinning around on the ice, I saw the man take the girls to the complete opposite side of the ice skating rink so I started trekking over there.  However, my legs did not move fast enough because he came to a stop.  Mikayla did not see me.  And niagara falls came pouring out of her eyes.  Delilah was a little scared too but then she saw me and told Mikayla where I was.  It took about 10 - 15 minutes to calm her down.  However, that night was a very long night - she had nightmares almost every hour.  She finally came and slept with me in our bed.  She was terrified that she was lost and I even talked to her on Monday about it (due to another small incident) and she said she was afraid of being lost.  I told her that even though she may not see Daddy and me, we still see her and that I watched her the entire time.  She said "But I couldn't see you!" So I had to use the first thing that came to me and said "Do you see God?" She said "no".  "But you do know that he is with you, right?" She said "Yes".  It seemed to calm her.  At least her nightmares are now being limited back to monsters and not to being lost.  









No comments: